Friday 8th May, 2020 - Full day excursion (9h00-19h00)
PRICE: €60,00 per person (lunch, snacks and drinks, entrances and taxes are included)
- Omodos village
- Rose factory in Agros village
- Troodos Botanical Garden
- Kykkos Monastery
- Paphos Forest
- 9:00-10:00 Transfer by bus from Paphos to Omodos village
- 10:00-11:00 Omodos - Coffee break and visit of the village
- 11:00-11:45 Transfer by bus to Agros village
- 11:45-12:30 Visit of the Rose factory
- 12:30-14:00 Lunch in a Traditional Tavern in Agros village
- 14:00-14:30 Transfer by bus to Troodos Geopark
- 14:30-15:30 Visit of the Troodos Botanical Garden
- 15:30-16:00 Coffee break with two talks:
"Priceless flora, endemic plants of Cyprus and threatened plants in Cyprus".
"Air pollution and climate change effects and challenges".
- 16:00-16:45 Transfer by bus to Kykkos Monastery
- 16:45-17:30 Visit of the Kykkos Monastery
- 17:30-19:00 Transfer by bus to Paphos via the Paphos forest
The excursion will take everyone up to the Rose Factory in Agros. For 70 years, on the slopes of the Agros village, Tsolakis family has been cultivating its own rose bushes. About a century ago, Nearchos Clerides, saw in the bushes of the rose that grew in the region a new industry, and perhaps a new income for the locals. On his initiative, he created a nursery and has given students the necessary knowledge for the cultivation of the plant. Starting with some rose bushes, the knowledge from his teacher Nearchos Clerides, a cauldron and lots of passion, Nicodemus Tsolakis, started in 1948 with the renowned Agros rosewater, rose essential oil and spirits "grafted" with roses.